For Simon (et al): Console And Icom R8600 Issues
Hi again Simon,
Hate to be a pest, really, but am so very anxious to use Console with my new
Icom R8600. Hope this isn’t too long, but I tried to include any info. that I thought
might be helpful.
Hope you have had a chance to inspect the LogFile and Screenshot I sent you
previously, and that there are some hints in it as to what my problem is.
As usual, I am sure that I am missing something very basic in the setup, or more likely
The following adds a bit more information to my tale of woe:
Radio USB cable goes from radio IQ Port to pc. No Hub in use.
I have installed, per your writeup, the ICOM download “USB I/Q Package for HDSDR”.
Hopefully correctly ? Not sure. It was the X64 version.
It installed, apparently, into HDSDR.
*Should it (also) be installed into SDRConsole ? Tried, but the Installer wouldn’t let me.
*Located it in Device Mgr. /Universal Serial Bus Devices.
Shows there as: IC-R8600 I/Q Out Port (WinUSB)
**Is this correct ? Any other places it should be, or anything else related to this
Driver that I should do ?
Tried using HDSDR with the R8600 as an experiment.
The LO numbers when tuned in HDSDR, change the R8600 frequency perfectly.
The Tune numbers do not effect the numbers showing in the R8600.
The mode buttons in HDSDR do not change the mode in the R8600
The R8600 seems to stay locked on USB, as with Console.
Back to Console:
Looking at the Console Definitions, I see for the R8600 in “Select Radio/Options” :
\\?\usb#vid_0c268&pid_ ……. (note the “usb”) Is this correct ?
I select the 8600 in Console, and say START;
Console does seem to communicate with the R8600.
Changing the tune numbers in Console changes the numbers in
the small panel that appears in the waterfall for Freq. and Span.
Freq: reflects exactly what is shown in the R8600 panel
But changing numbers in Console, sometimes, but not all the time,
doesn’t always change exactly what the radio shows.
Usually, only the highest one or two digits change.
Again, what the radio shows always mimics the small panel in the waterfall for Freq.
*Dragging the small vertical yellow line on the waterfall bottom scale is reflected
exactly on the radio and also on the small Freq/Scan panel in the Waterfall.
Mode selection buttons (still) can’t get to work.
I keep wondering if there is some configuration in the radio itself that I
haven’t configured correctly. Wouldn’t surprise me that the problem may be here, but
no idea what it might be, if so.
Best regards, and thanks so much for thoughts and help,