Re: RSPdx and SDR Console

jdow

2) Kriss, I believe that is Synchronous AM detection mode. Phase lock to the carrier and use that to provide carrier for the demodulation process. It is nice for selective fading conditions. So SAM may be appropriate to his situation.

{^_-}

On 20220313 16:15:51, Kriss Kliegle KA1GJU wrote:
Fabio,
I see some things on your photo that might make your SDRC experience more enjoyable. It appears you are trying to listen to an AM HF BC station on 6975 kHz.
1) The audio passband is not quite right (operator error), it should be centered on the carrier of the AM signal (red arrows).
2) You have sinusoidally amplitude-modulation (SAM) turned on, it's easier to tune in AM mode due to simply aligning the center of the audio passband atop the carrier (yellow arrow)
3) You also have the independent sideband adjustment turned on (green arrow). Unselect it and just use a filter of +/-5.0kHz for most HF BC stations.

You can add a splash of color (colour in UK speak hi hi) by hitting 'View', and 'Colour', and choose a pallete. My other image is using "SpectraView" color pallete. The station is a pirate AM BC station called Mix Radio International, so the bandwidth is not a standard 10kHz signal.

73 Kriss KA1GJU