Re: Open HPSDR Hermes (14 bit ADC, EP3C25) Transceiver Card

Daniel Young

Hi Mark, exactly we have several new foundation licence holders and QTH of some club members S9+ noise.
Finances may mean a Frankenstein rig for some. The Dow key will take 100watts?

I've been playing with an Andrus SDR MK1.5  modified and a Pluto hacked to duel core and 70mhz-6ghz

I'm very much interested in the HPSDR etc.

Regards
Dan

On Sat, 26 Feb 2022, 14:16 Mark Cayton, <oldjackbob@...> wrote:
Daniel,

My first ham station consisted of an 897 for transmit, a FUNcube Pro Plus dongle and SDRC (running on a 40 inch 4k screen) for receive, a single G5RV shared between the 897 and FCPP, and a Dow-Key coax relay that switched the antenna between the 897 for transmit and the FCPP for receive.

That setup worked beautifully. The 12-volt Dow-Key unit was a fail-safe unit (break-before-make so there was never any risk of pumping any transmit power into the Funcube dongle) triggered by the amp relay circuit on the 897. OmniRig ran the interface between the 897 and SDRC.

I really loved that setup, it worked so well that I never even bothered to learn how to use the receiver on the 897, lol.

Mark K1LSB