Re: Tricky drive level setting for SDR Console to Pluto, QO100

jdow

I suspect that if you check it out Simon's 2.8 kHz filter is narrower than a conventional crystal filter's 2.7 kHz even at 30 dB down.

{^_^}

On 20220214 08:31:46, Siegfried Jackstien wrote:
... i am also sometimes hard to you with my mails (too much info) ... or sometimes are missunderstood from you

but its fun helping others with their setup ... i need such positive feedbacks ... that is "ham spirit" to help .. not??

sdrc v3 does not come "factory tuned" .. there are a few settings where you can finetune the receive and transmit

on the bird we should use 2.7 kc .... filters that come from factory (from you simon) are ... 2.4, 2.6, 2.8 ... but no 2.7

agc is set to 130 db ... but it works better if you set that down in the 80 to 70 db area (especially the noise reduction seems to work better that way)

and lots of other setting i made on chris´s station ...

his problem is the missing ptt on the amp ... and he has to use the evaristes datv fw to have the relay working

i am quite sure we find a working solution

greetz sigi dg9bfc

ps ... simon .. thank you for the flowers ;-)

Am 14.02.2022 um 14:36 schrieb Simon Brown:
Hi,

I'm hard on Sigi at times but he's an excellent resource and tester.

  Sunday, February 13, 2022

  Sigi DG9BF most kindly logged on to my PC via TeamViewer last night and
spent a long time optimizing my SDR Console set up. He concurs with me that
my issue is one of fickle drive level requirements for the SG Labs 20W amp
which is currently triggered by the amps own internal VOX circuitry. Enough
drive to trigger the VOX is often enough PA output to trigger that whining
bint, Leila ;) He recommends I use a conventional PTT relay circuit.

This may be a bit tricky in itself, as the Pluto firmware needed to control
the Pluto PTT relays over my LAN (the Pluto is outside by the dish) is not,
as far as I know, compatible with my DATV Portsdown 4 box, which only works
with a very old firmware... I need to bend Sigi's ear about this at some
time. Thanks for the replies Simon, Sigi is a fantastic ambassador  for your
software, treat him kindly!

Best regards,
  Chris    2E0ILY       mailto:chris@...

SB> One thing - you can always use the mouse wheel to adjust a slider.

SB> Simon Brown, G4ELI
SB> https://www.sdr-radio.com

power is increasing of its own accord.

SB> Once I find an acceptable level by very fine manipulation of the
SB> drive slider but I then find that after a period of reception there
SB> is no longer enough drive to set the Pluto / amp into TX again.

SB> This appears to be a recent problem, as a while ago when I was on
SB> the narrow band transponder with SSB I didn't seem to have so much of an
issue.

SB> My set up is Windows 7 64 bit, SDR Console V 3.1, LAN connection to
SB> my Pluto at the base of my 1.8 meter prime focus dish. The Pluto is
SB> driving an Analogue Devices CN0417 pre amp driving an SG labs 20W
SB> amp via a 6dB attenuator, which in turn is triggered by its VOX PTT.
SB> The SG Labs amp then feeds the POTY antenna via a short length of low
loss co-ax.