Re: Console Signal meter reading

Gedas

pse see below:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qHJE6wa9dVw

Gedas, W8BYA EN70JT

Gallery at http://w8bya.com
Light travels faster than sound....
On 1/25/2022 11:39 AM, michel soldevila wrote:

Hi folks,
I performed a simple test with my RSP2 receiver and my Marconi 2022D RF generator:
The RF signal was fed to SMA antenna port A via a short 50 ohms coax cable.
The Console settings were as follow:
-RF gain = 0
-AGC On
-Visual gain = 0
-Mode = CW
-Bandwidth = 200 Hz
I noticed a difference of 20 dB between the generator output level and the signal meter reading; this difference is almost constant from1 to 50 MHz, for signal levels between -100 dBm and -50 dBm. The difference is smaller at -40 dBm level (only 10 dB). The Console signal meter reading is above the generator output level.
My question:
Should I use the "Visual gain" setting to compensate for that diffrence?
 73, Michel (F1GOC)