Re: Pluto:: Spurious Emissions

Simon Brown

Sigi,

There’s a bug in my code…

From: main@SDR-Radio.groups.io <main@SDR-Radio.groups.io> On Behalf Of Siegfried Jackstien
Sent: 17 January 2022 09:58
To: main@SDR-Radio.groups.io
Subject: Re: [SDR-Radio] Pluto:: Spurious Emissions

just made a quick and dirty test ... set rx to 10489.700 and let it there (switched of "sync")

then sent a tune tone 500 kc higher and 1000kc higher (nothing could be seen on transponder!!) the did the same downwards (yes i know i was txing outside band!!)

if there would be spurious signal plus minus 500 kc or 1000 kc i sure would have seen them (i was txing with 20w in a sixfooter!!)

so ... i think its a different thing he sees on his station ... the pluto is clean (normally)

so lets ask some questions ... any switcher used to power a predriver?? (switching psu frequency may mix up with the real frequency)

or is it possible that you used an external reference on your pluto that is not clean (that also may cause unwanted signals)

tx boost engaged??

no ... do not used it!! ... using higher power of the pluto sends out higher spurious signals so using tx boost does not clean up your signal

better use lower power setting (drive 80 to 90 maximum) and add an lna

dg9bfc sigi

Am 17.01.2022 um 08:39 schrieb Simon Brown:

So,

Looking at logfiles it may be that the TX FIR filter is not being applied, am now working on this.