Re: Happy New Year

Siegfried Jackstien

In noisy conditions a human can decode better, cause when a human hears something like "c o . . w a l l", the human knows the missing r and n.

The brain is the best noisefilter ever. A computer can come close. But when the conditions are at the noise border, the brain can fill in missing signs.

Decoding BELOW the noiseborder?? yes thats a thing a computer can do (but not with a hand keyed cw signal) ... see WSPR or ft4 /ft8 modes

The other station is "smearing signs" a bit?!? No way to decode by pc, but a brain still can read that.

I guess a really good cw decoder is not that easy ;-)

HNY Simon

Greetings Sigi dg9bfc

Am 01.01.2022 um 17:35 schrieb Simon Brown:

Hi,

I’ve often said that a computer can decode better than the human brain, now I’m trying to prove it. ‘I may be some time…’