Re: NDB - Airspy HF+ DIscovery versus Hermes Lite 2

Tom Seeger

Max, I do not need to do any of that with mine. I use HDSDR and just leave the AGC on auto, and the preamp OFF.  If you need to do all that then I would suggest there is something very wrong with your unit, or your driver, or perhaps the Airspy is being seriously overloaded by an out of band signal. On longwave mine is far superior to my WinRadio receiver, my ICOM, and SDRPlay. I'm not saying that it should be much better than your Hermes, but based on your videos, it should not be that much worse.
Have you tried an LPF or even just a 10-20dB attenuator?
Tom