Re: A new way to shut off a PC

Simon Brown

David,

You get a message when booting about lack of power to the GPU.

From: main@SDR-Radio.groups.io <main@SDR-Radio.groups.io> On Behalf Of David J Taylor via groups.io
Sent: 23 December 2021 13:48
To: main@SDR-Radio.groups.io
Subject: Re: [SDR-Radio] A new way to shut off a PC

On 23/12/2021 12:46, Tom Crosbie G6PZZ wrote:
Max et al,

I have a Corsair PSU too can’t recall exact model but it’s rated at
750W. It was overkill for the first PC I built with it and the second
and probably the third one too, built last year. My first with a
“good” graphics card. This PSU must be about 9 years old now and the
PC runs 24/7, current uptime about a year except for update reboots. I think I’m getting my money’s worth out of it.

Tom G6PZZ
Do some graphics cards have a second power supply connection? I've seen this with satellite TV tuner cards. Just wondering what might happen if the second power lead hadn't been connected....

David GM8ARV
Web: https://www.satsignal.eu
Email: david-taylor@...
Twitter: @gm8arv