From: main@SDR-Radio.groups.io [mailto:main@SDR-Radio.groups.io] On Behalf Of jdow
Sent: 23 December 2021 15:01
To: main@SDR-Radio.groups.io
Subject: Re: [SDR-Radio] NDB - Airspy HF+ DIscovery versus Hermes Lite 2

You have a really small antenna, perhaps? If not I suspect the Andrus is not setup as nicely as it could be. With a low loss antenna system below even 30 MHz and especially under 10 MHz it is VERY difficult to make a radio too insensitive to receive anything that is out there without reducing RF input gain by 10 dB to even 30 dB due to purely natural noise sources.