Re: A new way to shut off a PC

David J Taylor

On 23/12/2021 12:46, Tom Crosbie G6PZZ wrote:
Max et al,

I have a Corsair PSU too can’t recall exact model but it’s rated at 750W. It
was overkill for the first PC I built with it and the second and probably the
third one too, built last year. My first with a “good” graphics card. This PSU
must be about 9 years old now and the PC runs 24/7, current uptime about a year
except for update reboots. I think I’m getting my money’s worth out of it.

Tom G6PZZ
Do some graphics cards have a second power supply connection? I've seen this
with satellite TV tuner cards. Just wondering what might happen if the second
power lead hadn't been connected....

David GM8ARV
Web: https://www.satsignal.eu
Email: david-taylor@...