NDB - Airspy HF+ DIscovery versus Hermes Lite 2

Max

For anyone interested. 132ft end fed antenna. 20:26 in evening. NDB is CHT (Chilterns) 277 kHz at 61 miles NE from my home QTH. As you can see I've isolated the CW sideband but that's irrelevant as the difference can clearly be seen in the waterfall.

Airspy

HL2

Connected in turn to the two receivers, but conditions were very stable and results repeatable.

To my great surprise (because I was expecting superior performance from Airspy at this low frequency, which is why I bought it) HL2 bests the HF+ by some way.

I intend to repeat experiment tomorrow and next day on the Grimeton Christmas transmissions on 17.2 kHz. In theory the HF+ should be superior there at least. We shall see.

https://alexander.n.se/en/saq-scheduled-for-a-transmission-on-christmas-eve-december-24th/

73

Max