Re: Airspy Black Friday Sales event is ON! 😍

David J Taylor

On 21/12/2021 00:21, Max wrote:
Big surprise trawling around NDBs, CHT Chiltern CW ident audible with total clarity (admittedly only couple dB off noise level) on Hermes Lite 2. Just detectable but only intermittently readable with difficulty on HF+. I guess that just confirms what a superb receiver the Hermes Lite is (as I actually already suspected). Bit disappointed in the HF+. Expected it to significantly better the HL2 at that frequency.
Be very interested to hear comparison when Grimeton powers up on 24th December on 17.2 kHz @ 07.30 UTC. Seems they will now be on air after all having previously said they would not.
Let's see if HF+ proves its worth then!
Max
I have seen suggestions that increasing one capacitor (or whatever) can improve the LF and VLF performance, but I don't recall where, or whether this recommended! Perhaps ask here?

https://groups.io/g/airspy

Cheers,
David
Web: https://www.satsignal.eu