From: main@SDR-Radio.groups.io <main@SDR-Radio.groups.io> On Behalf Of rmrrgs
Sent: 07 December 2021 13:35
To: main@SDR-Radio.groups.io
Subject: [SDR-Radio] Basic AGC Question

Hello,

Have never played with these much, but figure it is about

time I learned how best to utilize them.

Regarding AGC:

For “typical” sw monitoring, do you folks typically use Off, Fast, Med or Slow ?  Why/When ?

If, e.g. Med, could someone explain please how best to optimize, or adjust, the Threshold, Slope, Hang, and Decay.

I imagine there must be a better and more disciplined way than my merely fiddling with them and trying to hear what sounds best.

Or, most of the time, just leave Off, and just play with the Gain Slider ?

Thanks,
Bob                   Should I have posted this in the other Forum ?