Re: Coherent dual channel SDR with good dynamic range

Simon Brown

I’m afraid you have no options, if you need such a radio you’ll have to design it yourself.

From: main@SDR-Radio.groups.io <main@SDR-Radio.groups.io> On Behalf Of Conrad, PA5Y
Sent: 01 December 2021 09:35
To: main@sdr-radio.groups.io
Subject: [SDR-Radio] Coherent dual channel SDR with good dynamic range

Helllo all.

In the spring I intending putting up 4 x 6 ele XPOL antennas for 6m EME. Of course I will be using the same system during the Es season and so need 2 things.

  1. Good dynamic range for the Es season
  2. 2 channels which must be coherent for adaptive EME

In fact on Es I will run WSJT-X decoders for FT8 with 0, 45, 90 and 135 degrees. I know from the work of others that there can be a lot of rotation on multihop Es. I think that this will be very interesting which is why I am making the effort.

I have a 2 channel Afedri AFE822x which is almost good enough but I need better dynamic range. What is available?

Regards

Conrad PA5Y