Re: Good USB Cables #usb

Kriss Kliegle KA1GJU

It’s not just USB cables that have poor RFI shielding. I was just at another Ham’s QTH installing an over the air TV antenna for when the power/cable goes out. When ever he turned on his IC7610 with the external video monitor, he would loose TV reception. TV antenna was in attic and rig in basement, separated by +35’. On a hunch, I disconnected the DVI Cable from the IC7610 (that contains toroids on both ends) and TV reception returned. I placed a few random, unknown value clamp-on ferrites that he had in a drawer and all was well.
   The hunch was from prior experience with a DVI cable in my main operation position, the computer monitor wipes out certain 440 band channels on my 2m/440 rig.

   Those with DVI cables in operation and use 70cm and above may want to experiment with ferrites.

YMMV (Your Milage May Vary)

73 Kriss KA1GJU/AM