Re: Shaded area under the Spectrum

f1hdi

George,

Best settings when using an R2 barefoot on a decent 144MHz antenna on my side is under sdr#, sensitive mode and gain = 16. This is where I find the higher S/N.

Again, it is always a compromise between front-end gain and unwanted mixing/blocking so each location has its rules ...

With an external preamp at the feed of the antenna, R2 gain should be reduced down to 12, empircally found to be the best value as I am monitoring a WSPR beacon 500km apart.

R2 noise figure is around 8-10dB.

In order to correctly tune your R2, SDRCV3 has a S/N meter, just use it and play with the R2 settings in order to maximize the value.

73 Jean-Marc

Le 14/11/2021 à 08:19, George Stein - NJ3H via groups.io a écrit :
Thanks. Simon. I know you must be busier than a one armed wallpaper hanger with an itchy nose.

Take care and thank you for what you do!

Geo.

On Sat, Nov 13, 2021 at 10:32 PM, Simon Brown

Hi,

Not right now – working on my website, then some essential and very long-overdue infrastructure work.

ATM I’m getting v3.1 stable so I can get out of gentle panic mode 😊 .