Re: To the user of my Superstation Servers who has an IP address from Scranton, KS…

Jim Smith G0OFE

Yes, Anydesk have just started doing this over the last week or two, but only on the machine I take to work and use to access my radios from work in my own time.

They have advised me that this counts as "business use" and therefore needs a licence.

If my access gets blocked totally (as I expect will eventually happen), I'll have to look for another solution.

(sigh) it was good while it lasted.

Tried the Google Chrome one, but it's not too reliable. slows and freezes a lot.

================================
Need help with SDR Console? If you have a problem:
Go to https://www.sdr-radio.com/support
Please follow instructions in that link.
===================================
Jim, Bournemouth, Dorset. IO90BR.
Elad FDM-S2, Airspy HF+, SDRPlay and Funcube Dongle SDR Recievers
8-element OP-DES for Band 2, 8-element LFA for 2m, 3-element LFA for 6m, 20m Windom for HF,. Wellbrook 1530 Loop for LF

On 19/10/2021 15:43, Robin Thompson wrote:

Unfortunately I have recently found AnyDesk doing exactly that !

Timed access (15secs before connect) which is not good but better than some of the alternatives . Teamviewer was the worst for doing that – I wouldn’t mind paying a small monthly fee but not nearly £300 p/year – AND they would not listen to any calls/emails which at least AnyDesk does, and fingers crossed they are being very helpful… !

Robin

G3TKF

From: main@SDR-Radio.groups.io <main@SDR-Radio.groups.io> On Behalf Of Jim Smith G0OFE
Sent: 01 October 2021 14:50
To: main@SDR-Radio.groups.io
Subject: Re: [SDR-Radio] To the user of my Superstation Servers who has an IP address from Scranton, KS…

Try Anydesk. Does pretty much the same, but doesn't shithouse you with alleged commercial use.

I gave up with Teamviewer a couple of years ago due to this.

================================
Need help with SDR Console? If you have a problem:
Go to https://www.sdr-radio.com/support
Please follow instructions in that link.
===================================
Jim, Bournemouth, Dorset. IO90BR.
Elad FDM-S2, Airspy HF+, SDRPlay and Funcube Dongle SDR Recievers
8-element OP-DES for Band 2, 8-element LFA for 2m, 3-element LFA for 6m, 20m Windom for HF,. Wellbrook 1530 Loop for LF

On 01/10/2021 13:16, Kriss Kliegle KA1GJU wrote:

I'd ;like to update the ones that running old firmware, but SDRSharp puts me in a loop asking me to install  " .NET".  Which I did, but still asks for .NET to be installed when attempting to run SDRSharp. (Sigh)

Thanks to TeamViewer thinking I'm a commercial user, I now have to go to each site and repair the damage done by this user!

73 Kriss KA1GJU

Join main@SDR-Radio.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.