- SDR Console 3 Spectrum background colour
Re: SDR Console 3 Spectrum background colour
toggle quoted messageShow quoted text
Been thinking about this. Quite a lot of code needs updating to support alternate backgrounds, for example S-Meter, default Marker colours, RX markers, Peak values, possibly more.
- I will add support if there’s someone who cannot use a black / very dark grey background.
- The current scheme is high contrast, this can’t be improved.
- When printing in a magazine the values in the spectrum scale aren’t really too important, when they are then data is usually exported to a 3rd party program for analysis. Irrespective of colour, the scale font size is so small that it’ll be difficult to read in print format.
Simon Brown, G4ELI
From: main@SDR-Radio.groups.io <main@SDR-Radio.groups.io> On Behalf Of K3EUI Barry
Sent: 14 October 2021 12:46
Subject: Re: [SDR-Radio] SDR Console 3 Spectrum background colour
Hello again Simon
I would be SO happy to see a simple choice of three options for "background" on the spectrum window:
1) Present option - dark grey
2) Pure white background or very light grey with the dB values grid in a darker grey
3) Very light blue background
Obviously some choices of background and spectrum color would clash.
I note some of the colors are very flashy - cool to look at but not so suitable for publication.
I'm looking for something simple with high contast.
Am I remembering correclty that Console V2 did have options for background color on the spectrum?
Maybe I am thinking of a different ap I've used in the past.
But I did submit a few articles to QST over the past ten years which had a better contrast than what I can now get with Console 3 (And SDRuno which is even worse).
with appreciation for all that you do to make these apps look so good and work so well,
Barry Feierman k3eui
Philadelphia PA USA
k3euibarry at gmail.com
- + - + -
Join main@SDR-Radio.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.