Re: SDR Console 3 Spectrum background colour

jdow

Unfortunately for an MFC based project, which seems to be loosely the case here, changing control colors from the control's default is often not possible without modifying (subclassing) the controls to include color setting features.

"Obviously" Simon has done this to give his program the look it currently has. How bad will it be to change the whole program's color palette once the new palette is defined? And how hard will it be to define a nicely working new palette?

Is this something Simon should do for 3.1 or perhaps for 3.2 or later? If it takes too much time away from what he has planned already what does that do with his intended 3.1 release this year?

{^_^}

On 20211014 15:25:33, Siegfried Jackstien wrote:

yes i know the sliders need to be changed a bit (knobs back to grey) ... it was just to show "roughly" how a dark mode would look like ... and why i wrote "not exactly"

greetz sigi dg9bfc

Am 14.10.2021 um 21:32 schrieb jdow:
Did you notice that the controls lacked contrast?

{o.o}

On 20211014 12:10:29, Siegfried Jackstien wrote:

jim ... like this?

simon ... THAT is how "black" mode or dark mode should look like (not exactly .. played a bit with just inverting a few things and not complete screen)

super relaxing view in the evening :-)

dg9bfc sigi

Am 14.10.2021 um 20:43 schrieb Jim Smith G0OFE:

Actually.. I wouldnt say no to a Dark Mode on Console. Every other software I use on here runs in dark mode if it's available, find it more comfortable on the eyes.

================================
Need help with SDR Console? If you have a problem:
Go to https://www.sdr-radio.com/support
Please follow instructions in that link.
===================================
Jim, Bournemouth, Dorset. IO90BR.

On 14/10/2021 17:29, Siegfried Jackstien wrote:

what can be a higher contrast as black and white??

or do you want it reversed (white background and dark lines)

greetz sigi dg9bfc

ps simon ... could you "reverse" only rx and tx pane lower part?? would make a nice "dark" mode then

Am 14.10.2021 um 13:46 schrieb K3EUI Barry:
Hello again Simon

I would be SO happy to see a simple choice of three options for "background" on the spectrum window:

1)  Present option  -  dark grey
2)  Pure white background or very light grey  with the dB values grid in a darker grey
3) Very light blue background

Obviously some choices of background and spectrum color would clash.
I note some of the colors are very flashy - cool to look at but not so suitable for publication.
I'm looking for something simple with high contast.

Am I remembering correclty that Console V2  did have options for background color on the spectrum?
Maybe I am thinking of a different ap I've used in the past.
But I did submit a few articles to QST over the past ten years which had a better contrast than what I can now get with Console 3   (And SDRuno which is even worse).

with appreciation for all that you do to make these apps look so good and work so well,

Barry Feierman  k3eui
Philadelphia PA  USA
k3euibarry at gmail.com

Attachments: