Re: RFI from mains ethernet adaptors

Kriss Kliegle KA1GJU

Max,
I cured mine with an FT-240-31 Ferrite Toroid and an improved AC line filter, all of which I installed inside the washer. My first SDR antenna (EFW) was overhead the washer by about 25'.
Mine had a similar, useless, small plastic AC line filter as the OP in the following page:
https://www.eham.net/article/12278

I don't remember the make and model of the filter, but was in a metal case just like the OP's. Between the toroid and the filter, it was gone! There's a little RFI coming from the control panel, but only within a foot of it.

73 Kriss KA1GJU