Re: Multi-Band Display

Siegfried Jackstien

remember that you can lower the cpu load (for each instance started in parallel) with the setup of sdr console

many things add together on the cpu load (example wf speed and resolution, bw of sdr, open or closed spectrum view, if display etc etc ... to many things to name them all here)

with all cranked up and set to max i have a few dozen times more cpu load as when tuned to minimize the load ... so try out what settings all do influence the load

even the if filter settings influence the load (better filter needs more cpu power) ... so on a relatively quiet band you could use a not so good filter but have a lower load on your cpu

wf speed is one of the main things ... if you can live with a lower speed (but more time to look backwards) then you should set it to very low numbers (like 5 lines a second or so)

wf resolution for sure is the next

spectrum shaded?? also needs a few cpu cycles ... and on and on and on

as already written above ... to many things to name them all here

good luck with your monitoring station :-)

greetz sigi dg9bfc

ps i have a refurbished  i7 notebook with 4810 cpu, 32gb ram plus nvidia k2100m graphic card (with cuda it helps a bit the main cpu)

Am 23.09.2021 um 18:31 schrieb Tracey Gardner via groups.io:

Yes that had occurred to me Sigi.
I have a relatively old i7 4790 pc that I am looking to use with the AirSpys, so it will be a case of trial and error to see how many of them it will run concurrently.

73s Tracey G5VU

----- Original Message -----
Reply-To: <main@SDR-Radio.groups.io>
To: <main@SDR-Radio.groups.io>
Sent: 23/09/2021 16:07:08
Subject: Re: [SDR-Radio] Multi-Band Display

you can start sdr console several times ... each instance would be one band (and one sdr hardware)

73 dg9bfc sigi

Am 23.09.2021 um 12:51 schrieb Tracey Gardner via groups.io:

Hello Simon

I am in the process of gathering the parts for a multi-band VHF/UHF SDR monitoring set up and your windows/panes system would seem ideal for the job.
I have Airspy Minis for 6m, 4m, 2m and an Airspy R2 for 70cms.
Ideally I would like each window to be able stretch the full width of the monitor/s, which would mean four stacked windows, with perhaps a fifth to allow 23cm in the future

73s Tracey G5VU

----- Original Message -----
Reply-To: <main@SDR-Radio.groups.io>
To: <main@SDR-Radio.groups.io>
Sent: 23/09/2021 10:34:13

Hi Tom,

The sort of layout you suggest would be supported. I realise this would be most useful for 4m / 2m / 70cms. May happen this year…

Simon Brown, G4ELI

https://www.sdr-radio.com

From: main@SDR-Radio.groups.io <main@SDR-Radio.groups.io> On Behalf Of Tom Crosbie G6PZZ
Sent: 23 September 2021 08:59
To: main@SDR-Radio.groups.io

Interesting Simon,

I could certainly use that kind of layout as an SWL. I could use the top three windows as one window displaying all of the MW band, which is my main interest. Then the other windows displaying the short wave bands, 49m, 31m, 25m etc.

No TX for me these days.

Assuming enough demand and you were to implement this, any idea of timescale?

Tom G6PZZ

From: main@SDR-Radio.groups.io <main@SDR-Radio.groups.io> On Behalf Of Simon Brown
Sent: 23 September 2021 07:40
To: sdr-radio@groups.io
Subject: [SDR-Radio] Multi-Band Display

So,

Here’s something I added a couple of years ago but never finished so it’s not available. What it needs is a layout / configuration window which includes the ability to have different window sizes as well as frequency ranges.

I’ll maybe look at this again as a solution to Ingolf, SM6FHZ’s wishes.

Simon Brown, G4ELI

https://www.sdr-radio.com

--

- + - + -

Please use https://forum.sdr-radio.com:4499/ when posting questions or problems.

Attachments:

--
- + - + -
Please use https://forum.sdr-radio.com:4499/ when posting questions or problems.

Join main@SDR-Radio.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.