Re: Multi-Band Display

Siegfried Jackstien

remember that you can lower the cpu load (for each instance started in parallel) with the setup of sdr console

many things add together on the cpu load (example wf speed and resolution, bw of sdr, open or closed spectrum view, if display etc etc ... to many things to name them all here)

with all cranked up and set to max i have a few dozen times more cpu load as when tuned to minimize the load ... so try out what settings all do influence the load

even the if filter settings influence the load (better filter needs more cpu power) ... so on a relatively quiet band you could use a not so good filter but have a lower load on your cpu

wf speed is one of the main things ... if you can live with a lower speed (but more time to look backwards) then you should set it to very low numbers (like 5 lines a second or so)

wf resolution for sure is the next

spectrum shaded?? also needs a few cpu cycles ... and on and on and on

as already written above ... to many things to name them all here

good luck with your monitoring station :-)

greetz sigi dg9bfc

ps i have a refurbished  i7 notebook with 4810 cpu, 32gb ram plus nvidia k2100m graphic card (with cuda it helps a bit the main cpu)

Am 23.09.2021 um 18:31 schrieb Tracey Gardner via groups.io:

Yes that had occurred to me Sigi.
I have a relatively old i7 4790 pc that I am looking to use with the AirSpys, so it will be a case of trial and error to see how many of them it will run concurrently.

73s Tracey G5VU