Re: Keeping Tuned Freq in Center

Siegfried Jackstien

i am guessing rx matrix could do the job very well

each of your receivers represent a sub band (in your example the cw portion and the ssb dx window) ... your main receiver couod be much wider (say you have a good sdr with 10 megs bw you can receive the complete 70cm band)

now yoi see asignal on rx 1 (a cw signal comes up) ... in the rx window press select ... your receiver window is not also in the if window (rx dsp box) ... in rx 1 and 2 you can use a bit wider view (see my screenshots) and in the if window you do the finetune

in my example i only used one receiver in full screewidth to show you the different zoom settings ... but you can use 2 or 3 receivers (subbands)

if you do not want the subbands to be retuned ... why not use a third receiver?!? (maybe thats your solution?!?)

use rx 1 and 2 and subbands ... main spectrum shows full bw that your sdr gives ... and rx3 is used as "working" receiver (can be tuned to any frequency without change the sub receivers 1+2 that you only use to "view" but not for receive)

just an idea

dg9bfc sigi

Am 22.09.2021 um 22:41 schrieb sm6fhz:

OK Simon.
I will try to explain.
I have the Rx-matrix set up for a few sub-bands e.g. 70 cm CW (e.g. 432.020 to 432.070), 70 cm SSB (e.g. 432.150 to 432.250), 70 cm beacons etc.
I monitor these selected frequency ranges by these receivers in the Rx-matrix in order to see if any activity arises. E.G. in an contest situation.
If I see someone coming on I would like to move the Rx-passband to this frequency to listen, but still have the same monitoring (visually in spectrum and waterfall) as before.
I.E. locking the frequency band even if I move the Rx-frequency within this band. E.G. a check box for "lock Rx-matrix) so I still watch the same frequency range as set even if i scroll around listening to different stations.
I know this is the way the main window works, but there you do not get enough frequency resolution to separate different CW stations in the CW part of the band when looking at 432.000 to 432.500. That is why I use the Rx-matrix to display sub-bands of interest.
I have searched the "Options" for this but not found this possibility.
I hope I was able to explain my desire in an comprehensible way.
It would be very handy with such an option.
73 / Ingolf, SM6FHZ