Re: Antennas: Best Mini-Whip ?? Grounds discusssion

Gedas

Piece of cake. Just today I was brazing a SS U-bolt to a brass collar as I had to make my own pillow block bearing that will allow my 10 GHz dish to move up & down in elevation. Welding (as opposed to brazing) SS is also NP as long as you use the right rods and current settings. Last week I was soldering SS to SS.

Gedas, W8BYA EN70JT

Gallery at http://w8bya.com (under repair)
Light travels faster than sound....
On 9/20/2021 7:32 PM, jdow wrote:

Ever tried welding stainless? Rumor has it that it's not easy.
{o.o}

On 20210920 08:59:48, Siegfried Jackstien wrote:

hey kriss

how long will those iron mats survive in the ground and outside in the weather?!?

would it be worth using stainless instead?!? or at least galvanized ones?!?

dg9bfc sigi

Am 20.09.2021 um 16:22 schrieb Kriss Kliegle KA1GJU:
Once my Bovine friends are gone for the winter, I could lay out some radials and compare noise floors of none, ground rod, and radials. Superstation #1 is inside one of the pastures and they will surely get anything I put down on the ground torn up and wrapped around their hooves. Hence I buried, welded together sheets of concrete reinforcing wire around my 160M vertical:

73 Kriss KA1GJU