Re: Antennas: Best Mini-Whip ?? Grounds discusssion

jdow

That is a lot of rebar if you are running out the optimal distance of 131' for each radial. It should make a significant difference. Comments I have seen suggest burying it a few inches won't make much difference; but, burying it below what bovines might churn the ground when it gets really muddy might make it less effective. Your sheet layout may mitigate that. And hooboy is that gonna be expensive.

{O.O}

On 20210920 07:22:07, Kriss Kliegle KA1GJU wrote:
Once my Bovine friends are gone for the winter, I could lay out some radials and compare noise floors of none, ground rod, and radials. Superstation #1 is inside one of the pastures and they will surely get anything I put down on the ground torn up and wrapped around their hooves. Hence I buried, welded together sheets of concrete reinforcing wire around my 160M vertical:

73 Kriss KA1GJU