Re: Antennas: Best Mini-Whip ?? Grounds discusssion

Gedas

Sigi the resistance of SS or steel wires is much poorer than that of copper. Significant when one is trying to cut every 1/10th of an ohm to maximize efficiency.

Gedas, W8BYA EN70JT

Gallery at http://w8bya.com (under repair)
Light travels faster than sound....
On 9/20/2021 11:59 AM, Siegfried Jackstien wrote:

hey kriss

how long will those iron mats survive in the ground and outside in the weather?!?

would it be worth using stainless instead?!? or at least galvanized ones?!?

dg9bfc sigi

Am 20.09.2021 um 16:22 schrieb Kriss Kliegle KA1GJU:
Once my Bovine friends are gone for the winter, I could lay out some radials and compare noise floors of none, ground rod, and radials. Superstation #1 is inside one of the pastures and they will surely get anything I put down on the ground torn up and wrapped around their hooves. Hence I buried, welded together sheets of concrete reinforcing wire around my 160M vertical:

73 Kriss KA1GJU