Re: Keeping Tuned Freq in Center

Gedas

Interesting Alan. It is just personal preference and in the case of my RSPdx and Console once I hit the center button I do not notice any difference in the detected signals characteristics. Given that if I had a choice I would like to see all my tuned signals in the center.

Gedas, W8BYA EN70JT

Gallery at http://w8bya.com (under repair)
Light travels faster than sound....
On 9/17/2021 7:02 AM, Alan G4ZFQ wrote:

On 17/09/2021 02:55, Gedas wrote:
But I like the center.

Gedas,

On 9/16/2021 7:50 PM, Siegfried Jackstien wrote:
I would try to AVOID centre...

With many SDRs the local oscillator is at the centre of the display.
Depending on the exact SDR and mode tuning to the centreĀ  may have no effect, a slight effect or even ruin reception/transmission.
That is why it is generally recommended to avoid the centre.

Alan