Re: Antennas: Best Mini-Whip ??

Mag loop Simon

Another disadvantage of e probe/ short vertical etc is that they are omnidirectional..( rx 360 degrees, incase i spelt that wrong.) where as loops are not, which if say your power line is north of you one can null it out with a loop. You cant do that with a e probe/ short vertical. ( not they they are bad!)

I don’t have the theoretical knowledge to explain the difference between man made noise and not..but I can see it in my head, just can not put to words.same as i can look at something mechanical and tell you if it will work or not..dont know why, just can.

Someone else will be able too..awaiting response from said people’s.

Best regards Simon