From: main@SDR-Radio.groups.io <main@SDR-Radio.groups.io> on behalf of Frank O'Donnell K6FOD <gio@...>
Sent: Wednesday, September 15, 2021 12:31 PM
To: main@SDR-Radio.groups.io <main@SDR-Radio.groups.io>
Subject: Re: [SDR-Radio] Audio volume level passed to apps lower than expected

Thanks, Tony. I see that when I have AGC off, the gain slider in that section had been set to minimum. Moving that slider up and down doesn't affect the RF signal level as seen in the waterfall or dBm meter. However, it does significantly affect the audio output level, and by moving it up I get a strong input level in the apps receiving audio from SDR Console. So problem solved -- thanks again!

Just so I understand this, am I right in thinking that the AGC slider acts at the IF stage? Thus it doesn't affect RF levels reported, but will affect the audio output since that's downstream? Also -- it appears that it doesn't affect levels as recorded in I/Q .wav files, which I gather are taken before the IF stage?

Frank