Re: SDR Console V3 on FTDX101D and a HermesLite2 #sdr-consolev3

TOM - K2TC

Hi Max –

Yea – it’s a blast for sure…

Totally enjoy the SDRCv3 front end to tell you the truth.

I had the FDM-DUO and the HL2 already. The FDM-DUO is my portable as I could operate it by itself. The HL2 is amazing in its own rite. Both work great with SDRCv3.

I had someone interested in some HF rigs I had, so I decided to refresh the station – selling most of the radios I had, and some service equipment to make room and fund the refresh.

I wanted a rig I can turn on – and not tie myself up looking at a PC – the FTDX-101D was my choice. I really love the RX in it. Very happy with it.

I sold off a few other pieces of gear to bring in another SDR rig, so that one will be PC bound – and finish off the refresh.

Im toying around with doing a resto-mod on a TS-850SAT I have. Like to pull the TX/RX deck out, plant an HL2 in it, figure how to play the display in the radio, update the volume controls with the encoders, and use the PA/tuner. This might be a longer term project. Im thinking midi controller for the buttons and encoders – but need to do a lot more research into it. See if its really feasible – or just a never ending project.

If anyone has done something like this – please share your experience!

All in the name of fun!

Tom, K2TC