Re: SDR Console V3 on FTDX101D and a HermesLite2 #sdr-consolev3

TOM - K2TC

Hi Max –

I did order another HL2 to bring out the RX port, and basically deadend the TX PO issue. So that was already in the mix…J1/J21 location is the plan.

I’m looking at the “ it lost its mind and made power” possibility. So that will certainly address that issue.

I really love the HL2, and in many cases amazed at how well it performs – so I plan on keeping the first one as is – fully functional. I like it as much as my ELAD FDM-DUO.

On the selectivity part – I’ve seen a few wide band bursts, crashes and a very local HF neighbor affect the HL2 more so than the 101D, noticeable, but not offensive.

I haven’t pulled out the service monitor to perform any RX deg tests – as its really minimal. Have sliders and settings – it’s more fun to tinker around with.

Ive played around with the RX Gain and AGC settings and can optimize it to be about the same – but takes a little more tending to keep it universally the same to my ear.

The difference is certainly very minimal – just being objective. And to be totally objective, the SDRCv3 implementation of NR2 is of a higher quality to my ear. NR on the 101D is really good, NR2 on the HL2 just seems a bit better.

And as you say – every environment is going to be a little different.

Tom, K2TC