Re: Speech Processor

Simon Brown

I have a working DATONG speech clipper. Over 40 years old, sitting in a cupboard…

From: main@SDR-Radio.groups.io <main@SDR-Radio.groups.io> On Behalf Of MikeC
Sent: 31 August 2021 17:32
To: main@SDR-Radio.groups.io
Subject: Re: [SDR-Radio] Speech Processor

I feel very disadvantaged ONLY having about a dozen old analogue chips in my processor......

Of course if I did it again now it would be dsp which would give much more flexibility as well. I do think the key is avoiding the harmonic distortion problem which dsp can do.

In the end its all the same signal processing methods implemented by either an analogue or a digital computer. An old friend of mine (long dead now) who was a tutor at Imperial College said, “the interesting problems getting digital systems to work are actually analogue”. He was a control man and was also heard to say “any frequency above 1Hz is dangerously high”.

Mike

Sent from Mail for Windows