Re: Audio Selection

jdow

I see, VMP does not even try to match clocks dynamically. I guess its author figures that's a bear and a half, too.

{o.o}

On 20210829 15:14:16, Conrad, PA5Y wrote:

That is the best-case scenario for virtual soundcards, but it is dependent on the routing, whether you are using MME, WDM/KS or ASIO . But virtual soundcards have a buffer, to help with under runs or over runs and therefore data may not arrive when expected. To some extent there will be some sample shifting due to timing errors. This means that degradation can occur.

But VMP handles all of this very well and certainly produces the best results.

If you read this:

https://documentation.help/Virtual-Audio-Cable/advanced.htm

It is all explained, but you must read the whole thing as well as some hyperlinked pages to get a picture.  I wish that I could find a better reference, there is a lot that I don’t understand, and it really affects my EME operating. If your signals are well above the noise floor then this issues are a lot less important, or at least that is what I observe.

Conrad