Re: Audio Selection

jdow

Windows is being helpful. When you are using RDP you end up setting up to an RDP provided audio device on your local machine. When RDP goes away so does the audio device. Slog on over to your remote site with a monitor and set it all up there.

{^_^}

On 20210827 10:23:20, Gedas wrote:
Using a RSPdx with SDRC V3.1 and Laptop with W/10.

All works aok but then I had the bright idea to install VB Audio to get some VAC going so I could run WSJT etc.

That went smooth and was able to make many FB decodes overnight.

1. I wish there was a way to be able to hear what the RSPdx is tuned WHILE it's audio is being ported over to WSJT via the VAC. Is there an easy way of monitoring what the VAC is transferring?

2. The next part has me scratching my head......I am done with WSJT and just want to do some listening on this W10 laptop with the RSPdx. When I go to SDRC/OPTIONS/AUDIO/PLAYBACK/DEVICES I can see my Realtek PC speakers on one line and the VAC on the 2nd line.

I select the Realtek PC speakers, hit OK then re-start SDRC hoping to be able to hear the receiver via the speakers but get zip. Is there an easy way to switch from one to the other? I thought the OPTIONS tab is where I make this selection but apparently not. Thanks

Gedas, W8BYA EN70JT

Gallery at http://w8bya.com (under repair)
Light travels faster than sound....