Re: Audio Selection

Dale Elshoff WB8CJW

Wow.  That's great!  Congrats 💧💧

On 8/27/2021 2:49 PM, Gedas wrote:

Excellent thank you everyone. Having lots of fun with the SDR this afternoon. BTW, just made a 525 km 10 GHz rain-scatter CW contact. Day doesn't get any better :-)

Gedas, W8BYA EN70JT

Gallery at http://w8bya.com (under repair)
Light travels faster than sound....
On 8/27/2021 2:37 PM, john rader wrote:

Yes, start a second instance of vac and select the virtual line you already started as the wave in, then select the speakers you use as the wave out. I use this all the time to hear what is selected in sdr console. When you only want to use RSPdx, go to the task bar, hidden icons onthe right side of task bar, open it and select the icon for vac, close it out. Only the RSPdx should be heard then.

On 8/27/2021 2:15 PM, Dale Elshoff WB8CJW wrote:
Sorry.  Forgot the attachment.🙁

On 8/27/2021 1:23 PM, Gedas wrote:
Using a RSPdx with SDRC V3.1 and Laptop with W/10.

All works aok but then I had the bright idea to install VB Audio to get some VAC going so I could run WSJT etc.

That went smooth and was able to make many FB decodes overnight.

1. I wish there was a way to be able to hear what the RSPdx is tuned WHILE it's audio is being ported over to WSJT via the VAC. Is there an easy way of monitoring what the VAC is transferring?

2. The next part has me scratching my head......I am done with WSJT and just want to do some listening on this W10 laptop with the RSPdx. When I go to SDRC/OPTIONS/AUDIO/PLAYBACK/DEVICES I can see my Realtek PC speakers on one line and the VAC on the 2nd line.

I select the Realtek PC speakers, hit OK then re-start SDRC hoping to be able to hear the receiver via the speakers but get zip. Is there an easy way to switch from one to the other? I thought the OPTIONS tab is where I make this selection but apparently not. Thanks