Re: Audio Selection

Dale Elshoff WB8CJW

Hi Gedas.  Windows 10 - if you right-click the speaker icon at the bottom and select Sounds, then click the Recording tab you will see the VAC output properties.  Double-click to open, then click on the Listen tab.  Here you click the box to enable Listen to this device.

Now you will hear the audio that is coming in the VAC and you can mute the system speakers if you don't want to hear the receiver audio but the receiver audio will still be passed to WSJT.

Also you can set the appropriate audio level from the Levels tab to get the best decoding.

73, Dale WB8CJW EN80ld

On 8/27/2021 1:23 PM, Gedas wrote:
Using a RSPdx with SDRC V3.1 and Laptop with W/10.

All works aok but then I had the bright idea to install VB Audio to get some VAC going so I could run WSJT etc.

That went smooth and was able to make many FB decodes overnight.

1. I wish there was a way to be able to hear what the RSPdx is tuned WHILE it's audio is being ported over to WSJT via the VAC. Is there an easy way of monitoring what the VAC is transferring?

2. The next part has me scratching my head......I am done with WSJT and just want to do some listening on this W10 laptop with the RSPdx. When I go to SDRC/OPTIONS/AUDIO/PLAYBACK/DEVICES I can see my Realtek PC speakers on one line and the VAC on the 2nd line.

I select the Realtek PC speakers, hit OK then re-start SDRC hoping to be able to hear the receiver via the speakers but get zip. Is there an easy way to switch from one to the other? I thought the OPTIONS tab is where I make this selection but apparently not. Thanks

Gedas, W8BYA EN70JT

Gallery at http://w8bya.com (under repair)
Light travels faster than sound....