Re: Speech Processor

Simon Brown

Mike,

The speech processor is quite good, it’s a compandor followed by a limiter. Let’s see a screenshot of the transmit options while you’re talking, the Spectrum shows the range and relative levels. A few tweaks and you’ll be good to go.

From: main@SDR-Radio.groups.io <main@SDR-Radio.groups.io> On Behalf Of MikeC
Sent: 27 August 2021 18:46
To: main@sdr-radio.groups.io
Subject: [SDR-Radio] Speech Processor

Sorry, another question...

I was wondering what sort of processing the processor function on the transmit audio is. It seems to improve the average to peak power ratio but only by a relatively small amount. By the comment that it makes the audio harsh I rather assume it implements a similar function to rf clipping. I can’t find any description for it in the audio help. Am I right that the audio alc is syllabic in time constant?

I have had a couple of reports that the audio is a bit thin which set me off on this. Playing with the audio filtering and the equaliser doesn’t quite get me what I want. The headset boom mic is not the most expensive I have to say.

Mike

Sent from Mail for Windows