Speech Processor

MikeC

Sorry, another question...

I was wondering what sort of processing the processor function on the transmit audio is. It seems to improve the average to peak power ratio but only by a relatively small amount. By the comment that it makes the audio harsh I rather assume it implements a similar function to rf clipping. I can’t find any description for it in the audio help. Am I right that the audio alc is syllabic in time constant?

I have had a couple of reports that the audio is a bit thin which set me off on this. Playing with the audio filtering and the equaliser doesn’t quite get me what I want. The headset boom mic is not the most expensive I have to say.

Mike

Sent from Mail for Windows