Re: 3.1 Betas

Simon Brown

Brian,

Check the betas now – new one uploaded an hour or so ago.

From: main@SDR-Radio.groups.io <main@SDR-Radio.groups.io> On Behalf Of Brian Morrison
Sent: 23 August 2021 19:14
To: main@SDR-Radio.groups.io
Subject: Re: [SDR-Radio] 3.1 Betas

On Mon, 2021-08-23 at 18:50 +0100, Simon Brown wrote:

This is a massive project and simply wouldn’t survive under open source. Open source can work very well with small projects but not with those like mine unless you have someone like Linus in charge and he does get paid.

Thing is, Linux has grown over 30 years with uses in so many devices and systems and that has forced some (a lot!) of discipline on it. SDR-Console is not attempting to cover anything like that size of market and it's quite esoteric in terms of what people do with it.

Simon has done an amazing job with his projects over a long period, but I doubt he would want to be like Linus.

Thank you Simon, I'll be fascinated to see how much the fan on my i5 laptop has slowed down when I get to try 3.1 with the SDRplay improvements.

--

Brian  G8SEZ