Re: SDRplay 3.08

Siegfried Jackstien

a sidenote ... you can not hear that short beep ferom earlier transmission in monitor audio but it is sent out

Am 23.08.2021 um 15:14 schrieb Siegfried Jackstien:

i maybe have found a small audio bug

if i remember right you had solved it earlier and it is back in ...

if you send a tune tone or a double tone ... and switch of ptt .. on next over (say normal voice) pressing the ptt and you hear for a short time the beep that you have sent earlier

seems as there is a "fifo buffer" (the audio filters, denoiser, phase rotation, equalizer etc etc) that is "paused" during rx ... and on next press of the ptt the clock of that fifo buffer runs again and you hear the rest of the transmission before ...

not a real pro blem  but maybe you may take a closer look to that (again?!?)

didnt you " zero" the audio buffer when starting the ptt?? i thought you made such a thingy to get away with the tail of last transmission .. ?!?!?

and ... i would like to see a "longer" ptt tail after relwase of the switch .. means if i release ptt that it can be set to stay on for say 100 or 200ms (or more)??

if i (ptt press )say one two three (release ptt) the three is cut away (or a part of it) ... means i have to hold the ptt a tiny bit longer as usual (or the end is cut off) ... the tail should be simlar to the vox release but independant of the vox function ... only to have the ptt kept engaged for a bit of time so the end of the sentence is transmitted and not cut

you have two settings tx on and tx off (rf delay setable from 0 to 40ms) ... if first is set to say 100ms or so (to cut the tail of the transmission before) and second could be set higher also (so ptt stays on for 100 or 200ms more) then both problems could be solved ... the start delay cuts away the audio rest that is left in the buffer and the end delay keeps ptt on for a bit of time (so last word is not cut at the end)

so there are TWO things .. one is the fifo buffer in the audio chain (you hear the end of last transmission at next ptt press) .. .and the other is a ptt tail ... so the sdr can send out ALL data and does not cut the end

dg9bfc sigi

Am 23.08.2021 um 14:52 schrieb Simon Brown:

So,

Good news – SDR Console now working with both the SDRplay release and beta. I’ll update the 3.1 Beta kit later…

Simon Brown, G4ELI

https://www.sdr-radio.com

--
- + - + -
Please use https://forum.sdr-radio.com:4499/ when posting questions or problems.

Join main@SDR-Radio.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.