Re: frustrating

Tom Crosbie G6PZZ

Simon,

Unfortunately walking is not really an option for me. I had a massive stroke 14 years ago which has left me weak on the left side. I’d got to the point of walking with a stick and mobilising around the house etc. but after 10m or so I get exhausted. More recently my mobility has suffered and needed extra help to walk that far as I kept falling. Three months ago I had a nasty fall and couldn’t bear weight on the weak knee and was in a rehab centre for a month, followed by two months in a care home getting used to my new walking frame. My wife had been my full-time carer during those years but as the first lockdown kicked in, she was diagnosed with a rare and incurable cancer and she passed away last month.

When I get back to the gym at my stroke centre my mobility will improve again to the point where I can get back to using a stick again, sadly not one a dog would fetch! Does Millie also eat a vegan diet? Finally sent some dog food late last night.

Tom G6PZZ

From: main@SDR-Radio.groups.io <main@SDR-Radio.groups.io> On Behalf Of Simon Brown
Sent: 16 August 2021 10:31
To: main@SDR-Radio.groups.io
Subject: Re: [SDR-Radio] frustrating

Tom,

Go online to ASDA / Sainsbury’s / Tesco and look at what’s available by simply typing vegan into the search. You’ll be amazed.

A great way to lose weight is to get a dog and go walking.

Simon Brown, G4ELI

https://www.sdr-radio.com

From: main@SDR-Radio.groups.io <main@SDR-Radio.groups.io> On Behalf Of Tom Crosbie G6PZZ
Sent: 16 August 2021 10:23

Simon, Max and Simon,

You’ve almost convinced me to go veggie. Certainly in my current condition I could simplify my eating habits as I need to loose at least a stone to get my BMI down from borderline obese to just overweight. After all, I’m not going to grow six inches!

I’m not convinced that eating only meat and putting my body into ketosis to burn fat is a good option either. Did I mention that I am type two diabetic? Loosing weight could cure me of that, or reduce my dependency on medication.

Right. I’m going for it. I think I can become 80% veggie for the first month, starting today. I certainly don’t have the willpower for vegan but who knows what the future will bring. Salad for lunch today and steamed broccoli and cauliflower for dinner…

Tom G6PZZ

From: main@SDR-Radio.groups.io <main@SDR-Radio.groups.io> On Behalf Of Simon Brown
Sent: 16 August 2021 06:17

Max,

I’ve always been a minimal meat eater, nowadays it’s very easy to eat a vegan diet. Many, many farming / food start-ups are vegan and the quality is improving all the time. It’s the way of eating which has the lowest footprint, also arguably the healthiest.

When I was a student in the 70’s it was mainly lentils; fried, stewed, yuck 😊 .

Simon Brown, G4ELI

https://www.sdr-radio.com

From: main@SDR-Radio.groups.io <main@SDR-Radio.groups.io> On Behalf Of Max
Sent: 15 August 2021 23:13

On Sun, Aug 15, 2021 at 06:19 PM, Tom Crosbie G6PZZ wrote:

So, its taken both Simons many months to admit to being veggies. It's a good job their not vegan or they'd be banging on about it with every post...

I'm vegan and have been for a great many years (after having consumed my fair share of McDonalds Big Macs in an earlier life). I don't "bang on" about it because there is no point in trying to explain it to those who will never even make an attempt to understand another person's (or any living creature's) viewpoint, which is called empathy by the way. If invited to explain, it's my empathy for the animal that makes me vegan. And yes, I do understand that's not the reason all vegans choose that diet.

End of "banging on"!

Max

--

- + - + -

Please use https://forum.sdr-radio.com:4499/ when posting questions or problems.

--

- + - + -

Please use https://forum.sdr-radio.com:4499/ when posting questions or problems.

Join main@SDR-Radio.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.