Re: frustrating

jdow

Word floating around suggests ftp is on its way to the same bin holding the echo, discard, daytime, and so forth protocols. It probably will never go away completely. But, using it will become ever more difficult. In the case of FTP that is a VERY good thing. At least use sftp instead if it's exposed to the Internet.

{o.o}

On 20210815 06:54:28, militaryoperator via groups.io wrote:
On Sun, Aug 15, 2021 at 02:02 PM, Kriss Kliegle KA1GJU wrote:
New features are added as well with the updates, i.e. the 3D display was added just recently. Some features started out as requests from users, others come from Simon's constant tweaking of the coding.
So... updates can be VERY IMPORTANT for the users that utilize SDRC at it's maximum operating envelope.
Yes, but, the version I had on my laptop was more than enough for what I needed. So, why does it self destruct?  I use an FTP program to upload content to my website that I have used for years and years and years. It does what it says on the tin, and does not tell me its out of date.

Some users DONT actually want all these "upgrades", the basic program works for them so having to download a newer, bigger, more stuff to go wrong version does not appeal to them/me. Plus, PC's are stupid, trying to overwrite stuff can lead to silly results on some pc's, plus, the more things a program does, the more memory it uses and more processing speed is needed. So, the pc I used is now stuttering because the later stuff needs more of everything.

I think Simon has a wonderful product. I would just like to keep using it, that's all.

Ben