Re: Elad S2 2-Meter Reception

jdow

Considering it is optimized for broadcast FM you can expect it to be comparatively numb on 2 meters. But, still, you have that noise. Isolating it is often not easy considering that there may be multiple sources.

{^_^}

On 20210810 15:53:42, George Stein - NJ3H via groups.io wrote:

Hi Paul,

It is a circular FM (88 to 108) antenna. Yes, the QRM goes away with no antenna connected. I realize not a great antenna, hut I did decode the ISS on packet today with it.

Thanks for your reply.

On Tue, Aug 10, 2021 at 2:46 PM, Paul NN4F
<paul@...> wrote:
George,
What antenna you using for that range, and does it go away with antenna disconnected?

On Aug 10, 2021, at 17:14, George Stein - NJ3H via groups.io <nj3h@...> wrote:

Please see the attached picture.

One will note the large amount of signals (I call it it interference) displayed across the portion captured.

Does anyone have a clue as to what might be causing this?

I see a similar view using an RSP DX with SDRuno.

Any thoughts would be most welcome.

Regards,
George
<Screenshot-2021-08-10-140656.jpeg>