From: main@SDR-Radio.groups.io <main@SDR-Radio.groups.io> On Behalf Of Simon Brown via groups.io
Sent: 10 August 2021 18:42
To: main@SDR-Radio.groups.io
Subject: Re: [SDR-Radio] Teaser

Indeed,

Fishing line is very light.

From: main@SDR-Radio.groups.io <main@SDR-Radio.groups.io> On Behalf Of Alan G4ZFQ
Sent: 10 August 2021 17:15
To: main@SDR-Radio.groups.io

> Question: has anyone used a drone to erect a long wire in trees perhaps > using a ball of string for starters?

Allan,

Hamish, GM4SFW knows a pilot who has a simple way of doing this.
Several antennas were placed in high trees.
If I remember correctly the reel of fishing line was mounted on the quadcopter.
This was mentioned in WSPR "chat" so no record.
I note several videos on youtube, maybe worth a look.

73 Alan G4ZFQ

Please use https://forum.sdr-radio.com:4499/ when posting questions or problems.