Re: RSPDuo and SDRC

jdow

If it has separate synthesizers then you can take it to the bank you will have synchronization problems for nulling applications and the like. For average listening it ought to be "Pluto level" good.

{^_^}

On 20210722 02:46:02, Siegfried Jackstien wrote:

its a single chip with a single main clock (40 megs) ... so i guess it could work

dg9bfc sigi

Am 22.07.2021 um 01:03 schrieb jdow:
If there are two frequency synthesizers involved you have to play special games to get them to produce phase coherent outputs.

{^_^}

On 20210721 05:01:06, Siegfried Jackstien wrote:

i guess even when there is a time delay between sample of first and second port the time delay should be fixed in time (and could be "shaved away" with software)

dg9bfc sigi

Am 21.07.2021 um 13:57 schrieb Siegfried Jackstien:

i do not know about the phase thingy ... thats a point to be investigated ... right a minute ago postman brought 3 new ones to the "clinic of doc pluto" :-)

(to be modded with a better tcxo, housed in aluminium case etc etc)

to investigate the phase coherent and to test things out you sure need an own revision c/d ... (and modding it to new tcxo is a tiny bit tricky)

on the other hand the new revision has the option to add a gps reference  .. ext clock in on ipex connectors on the board .. switching to external with a fw command ... switching from 1r1t to 2r2t also with fw command ... so the new revision has not just the second set of rx and tx ports but also ext clock in and out (a full blown modded pluto then has 6 sma sockets)

greetz sigi dg9bfc

Am 21.07.2021 um 13:40 schrieb Simon Brown:

I don’t have a new revision Pluto. What would the second channel be used for? I doubt it’s phase-coherent, it could be.