Re: 2 channel high dynamic range SDR for bandscope use?

jdow

Is that new SDR front end going to be 6 GHz wide? How does it download the data to the computer? Or is it N smaller user definable bands?

{^_^}

On 20210716 03:00:18, Simon Brown wrote:

Conrad,

Re: prime movers: I use the FDM DUO, am very happy. I drive the Q5 with 0dBm. Am maybe, just maybe thinking about a TS-890s but am not quite that crazy or wealthy.

There will be a new SDR receiver this year (*) offering (low) to 6GHz which will be a very fine performer so you could use this on its own, it will be affordable. Otherwise the Airspy HF+/Discovery is very good due to the high dynamic range which you obviously need due to your loud neighbours.

Which bands do you want to monitor?

{*} I am not saying who is developing this new SDR.