Re: SNR meter, bandwidth and gain adjustment for transverters

jdow

The description seemed unclear to me. I "think" it is a tool for pulsars. It more or less shows a spectrum plot with the spectra taken at specific time intervals relative to the pulsar rate and lined up in a waterfall. Does that sound right? That sounds VERY useful. I learned something. Thanks.

(And I played with the trig. At least for AM summing the spectral elements power does give back the known power that went into generating the waveform. I have to do one more expansion to settle my mind. I still think I^2+Q^2 on the IF filter output is the simple method in most SDRs.)

{^_^}

On 20210705 22:24:48, Simon Brown wrote:
Nope,

Continuum mode is similar to what's being request here I think, it's used in
radio astronomy and supported in SpectraVue.

http://www.rfspace.com/RFSPACE/Astronomy.html

It really is a real thing.