Re: SNR meter, bandwidth and gain adjustment for transverters

jdow

I'd need to see math that proves this is the way to handle coherent sidebands as opposed to summing a large number of complex numbers in pairs of matching sidebands. Are you doing something such that no filtered I and Q value is ever present before the demodulator? That is where it's automatic you get the right value.

{o.o}

On 20210705 23:27:05, Simon Brown wrote:

Hi,

Frequency, so using the FFT output. The FFT output is in dBm (log10), so has to be converted back from dB using pow(), averaged and then converted back to dB using log10. This is trivial, doesn’t use much CPU at all.