Re: SNR meter, bandwidth and gain adjustment for transverters

Bob Dengler

At 7/5/2021 12:06 PM, you wrote:
Please define 'average channel power'.
See SM6FHZ Ingolf's message a few minutes after mine; for quick reference here is the posting: <<https://sdr-radio.groups.io/g/main/message/23048>https://sdr-radio.groups.io/g/main/message/23048>. I think he is asking for a little more than I am but my request is basically the same: recording average channel power over time.

By "average channel power" I mean the amount of power a calorimetric power meter would record if the channel power were to be fed to one. There is the issue of integration time: I'd say the average power read by such a power meter over that integration time is what we're looking for.

Bob NO6B