Re: SNR meter, bandwidth and gain adjustment for transverters

Simon Brown

Please define 'average channel power'.

From: main@SDR-Radio.groups.io <main@SDR-Radio.groups.io> On Behalf Of Bob
Dengler
Sent: 05 July 2021 20:03
To: main@SDR-Radio.groups.io
Subject: Re: [SDR-Radio] SNR meter, bandwidth and gain adjustment for
transverters

At 7/5/2021 09:37 AM, you wrote:
Bob,

Is this Continuum mode? I would need an exact specification were I to
add this.
Not sure if I understand the question. I'm referring to the channel power
or S-meter, which if I understand correctly current indicates peak channel
power. It would be nice to have the option to have it read average channel
power, then also have the ability to store those readings to a CSV file (2
columns: time & dBm) every x milliseconds. This is exactly what HDSDR
offers. Once calibrated with a known noise source or hot/cold load, this
allows using an SDR as a radiometer. Also give us one or two significant
digits after the dBm decimal point.

I'll put the above in the SDRC Requests forum if needed. Thanks!

Bob NO6B

Please use https://forum.sdr-radio.com:4499/ when posting questions or problems.